for people experiencing mental health difficulties or seeking help for emotional and psychological problems. I look forward to meeting you either in person or using an online platform.
First appointment £30. Thereafter £70 per hour either in person or further afield using online technologies such as Zoom. Additional charges for some services. Please see below for details. Both individuals and couples are welcome. CONCESSIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO THOSE ON A REDUCED INCOME - PLEASE INQUIRE. I aim to exclude no one who might benefit from services on financial grounds alone.
Following your initial contact I will send an e-mail with further details.
Services are provided in a comfortable purpose built room or at distance using technology, and include:
● Mental Health Assessment & Treatment. For example:
Depression, Anxiety, OCD (Obsessional Compulsive Disorder), Spiritual and Identity Issues, Phobias, Stress, Relationship Difficulties, Addiction Issues
● Single appointment assessment, medication review and diagnosis if clinically indicated, including professional letter/report - £240. Appointment up to 2 hours.
● Diagnosis if clinically indicated - £140. Apointment up to 2 hours.
● Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (U.K.C.P. accredited) - £70 per hour
● Advice on Psychiatric Medications - £70 per hour
Prescriptions if clinically indicated - £50 per prescription
Letters/Reports - £10 per 100 words
● Clinical Supervision to practicing therapists/mental health professionals - £20 per hour.
● Mediation/Conflict Resolution - £70 per hour.
Payment by cash or bank transfer only please. If you do not attend without good reason further sessions are unlikely to be offered. Non attendances/cancellations with less than 48 hours notice are chargeable at half the agreed rate. In the unlikely event I need to cancel at short notice, the rearranged appointment will also be charged at half the agreed rate. TO RESPECT THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF OTHER PATIENTS, PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE EARLY FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. THANK-YOU.
PLEASE NOTE: There are currently no toilet facilities. The nearest available toilet is 0.4 miles away in Tesco, a two minute drive or 7 minute walk.
Provided on first contact.
Qualifications and Professional
● Doctor of Clinical Practice (Exeter University –
● MSc Psychological Therapies (Exeter University)
● Diploma in Person
Centred Counselling Theory and Practice (Plymouth University)
● UKCP Accredited Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist
● BA (Hons) Philosphy and Theology with English Literature Studies (1st Class - Exeter University)
● BSc (Hons) Psychology. In progress.
● Postgraduate Certificate in Education [Qualified Teacher
of Adults] (Plymouth University)
Mental Health Nursing:
● Registered Mental Health Nurse
● Independent/Supplementary Prescriber of Psychiatric
United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis
Association for Prescribers
Nursing and Midwifery Council
Covid – 19: Currently I can find no longitudinal studies investigating the effects of coronavirus immunisation. Nevertheless, mandaory vaacination is required of all patient facing NHS staff (and NHS subcontractors) beyond 31st March 2022 for those staff wishing to keep their jobs. I have now received the first Covid jab and expect to receive the second 8 weeks later. I will always respect your preferences concerning mask wearing if we meet in person, even after all restrictions are fully lifted.